Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Eric Pai <er...@hotmail.com> on 2022/01/04 02:59:02 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Release IoTDB v0.13.0

+1 for releasing the new version sooner.

IMO before we announce these new features to our users, we should check whether these ones work well both in standalone and cluster mode. If one is not supported yet in a cluster, we should tell users this in the document and with proper error messages in the request response.

在 2021/12/31 下午1:03,“Haonan Hou”<hh...@outlook.com> 写入:

    Hi all,

    It has been 8 month after v0.12.0 release, and we can see many new features are introduced in master branch.

    * Aligned Timeseries
    * Continuous Query
    * Schema Template
    * Trigger
    * Alert Manager
    * Metric
    * New Grafana Plugin
    * Nested expressions
    * Support wildcard * and **
    * Tablet support null value
    * Rest API
    * Select into
    * New Compaction logic

    Therefore, we would like to begin to checkout rel/0.13 branch and start to release v0.13.0 at Jan 15 2022.
    Other unmerged new features(WAL with checkpoint, new sync module, influxdb protocol...) will be in v0.14.

    How do you think?

    Best,
    Haonan Hou