Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Richard Reyes <se...@hotmail.com> on 2002/11/12 12:18:53 UTC

Re: Cocoon Portal - User Roles

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the reminder!

each function of the portal is mapped to a pipeline. So in order to change the storage - all you have to do is to modify the pipeline to use say the SQLGenerator etc.

Read the documentation. http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/developing/webapps/authentication.html

It explains this in detail (see under User Administration). Then look at the pipelines that are currently used to get a feel for how it works at the moment.

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de

Posted by Richard Reyes <se...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Matthew / Guys,

Just want to confirm some things....

Since the the "new role" function in the portal sample is mapped to <new-role uri="cocoon:raw:/sunrise-newrole"/> uri, it is using this sitemap snippet right?

        <map:match pattern="sunrise*">
            <map:generate src="resources/sunrise{1}.xml"/>
            <map:transform type="session"/>
            <map:transform type="cinclude"/>
            <map:transform type="write-source"/>
            <map:transform src="styles/portal.xsl"/>
            <map:serialize type="xml"/>
        </map:match>

and the documentations says that

The new-role resource creates a new role in the system. It gets the parameters "type" with the value "role" and "role" with the new rolename.

Where is the "type" and "role" parameter?
and why does it have to serialized in an xml type in the end?

Also, for the sunrise-newrole resource, the only thing this pipeline does is save a new role in the xml file ( sunrise-roles.xml )? whose responsible for displaying the next page after saving the new role?

And since this sitemap snippet is called inside a map:pipeline internal only clause I think it is being called by the portal generator or action.

If in case I'd used custom actions over this pipeline, How would I know the parameters that
have been passed and are being expected by the caller of this pipeline?

Thanks a lot
Richard