Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Ismael Touama <is...@install.fr> on 2002/04/09 18:15:57 UTC

Get Warning

Hi & hello all (new)

Ok I intend to install mod_perl
so in where untarring Apache_mod_perl_guide-1.31
I did perl Makefile.PL
All was OK except this warning :
Can't Locate Pod/HtmlPsPdf.pm in @INC....

So made search on but find really few info...
Could you explain what's was wrong ? (I have really
nice headache to migrate my ASP application !)
What's the remainning to a stable situation ?

Thank you a lot,
ism
Wait to "make install"

RE: RE: Get Warning come back from ....

Posted by Ismael Touama <is...@install.fr>.
yes thank you...
But i read on the site (apache-asp.org) that using rpm could causes
problems...Furthermore i'm interest to do so manually so i hope i'll
better understand what tricks are happening concerning apache, mod_perl and
Apache::ASP...
So I intend to Boot on my last Kernell with my diskette-boot !
Is it a good idea to find a stable state system ?
Thank you,
ism

Posted by Ellers <el...@iinet.net.au>.

Posted by Ismael Touama <is...@install.fr>.
oK THERE IS LOT OF THING THAT I MISUNDERSTOOD OR NOT UNDERSTAND...

I decide to come to my previous state...
How can I come back from 'perl Makefile.PL' command line ?
Thanks all,
ism

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.

RE: Get Warning

Posted by Ismael Touama <is...@install.fr>.
Yeah !

De : Ellers [mailto:ellers@iinet.net.au]
Envoye : mercredi 10 avril 2002 03:48
A : asp@perl.apache.org; Ismael Touama

Hmmm, what operating system (presumably Linunx?) are you using? What
distribution/version (e.g. Debian, Redhat)?

It could be that you could load a pre-built version of
apache/mod_perl/apache::ASP for your operating system. This doesn't really
solve
your question below but you might be able to step around it.

You posted an earlier question about migrating VBScript to Apache::ASP. I
don't know VBScript (I'm a bit of a perl bigot) but I had thought it
was a cut-down script-ish version of Visual basic. If that's the case then
migrating that to Perl would potentially mean a complete re-write of
all of your code. Perl is great, but I hope re-writing is what you want to
do...

Ellers

RE: Get Warning

Re: Get Warning