Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> on 2005/04/13 22:16:55 UTC

xsp depending on session-fw?

...while fighting my way through the block dependencies:

Any objections to move this class

./src/blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/XSPSessionFwHelper.java

into the session-fw block? Since that seems to be
the only reason for the xsp dependency on the session-fw

...or did I miss something?

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: xsp depending on session-fw?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>>is there a logicsheet for session-fw ?
>>
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=110813469829620
>
> Hm... another block just because of that one class?

Well whatever you do to fix this it won't make it worse :-)

> Just curious ...why was it moved in the first place?

Dunno, it makes life only more complicated than it is...

Vadim

Re: xsp depending on session-fw?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
On Jue, 14 de Abril de 2005, 9:42, Carsten Ziegeler dijo:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>

>> Isn't session-fw deprecated?
>>

> No, not yet :)
>

>> I think Torsten meant to move classes into session-fw because of hard
>> (compilation time) dependency, while *not* adding session-fw -> xsp
>> dependency,
>> which is soft (configuration only).
>>
> Yeah, but that's imho very ugly. But to be honest, I'm tired of these
> xsp and dependency discussions. If someone things it should be
> different, do it if you think that it helps our users.

What about creating mocks for the session-fw dependencies in XSP? Perhaps
not the cleaner solution, but a practical one.;-)

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: xsp depending on session-fw?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>...but we can also just create mock
>>class as Antonio suggested. Easy,
>>fast, works.
>>
>>Deal?
Deal :)

> Yep. As long as the XSP session-fw helper stay in the XSP block. IMHO, we
> are trying to remove dependecies to XSP block everywhere.

Yepp.

> Is that OK?

Sure :)

Carsten

Re: [SPAM] Re: xsp depending on session-fw?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
On Sab, 16 de Abril de 2005, 9:05, Torsten Curdt dijo:

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: xsp depending on session-fw?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Torsten Curdt wrote:
>
>>>So we agreed to cut the dependencies and move the logicsheet to the XSP
>>>block and make the rest of Cocoon XSP free! In fact this reverses the
>>>dependencies so one idea was to make the additional blocks mentioned above.
>>

>>It does ....but TBH:
>>
>>having a some classes or a logicsheet inside a block is only a weak
>>dependency while having all xsp related classes and logicsheet inside
>>the xsp block is a strong compile time dependency.
>>
>>Sorry to bring this up again ...but it's really annoying and does
>>not really help anything IMHO. Creating a block just for those few
>>classes or files feels like bloat to me.
>>

> Yeah, sure - but as we regard XSP as legacy and other blocks like
> session-fw are not legacy,

Isn't session-fw deprecated?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>So we agreed to cut the dependencies and move the logicsheet to the XSP
>>block and make the rest of Cocoon XSP free! In fact this reverses the
>>dependencies so one idea was to make the additional blocks mentioned above.
>

> It does ....but TBH:
>
> having a some classes or a logicsheet inside a block is only a weak
> dependency while having all xsp related classes and logicsheet inside
> the xsp block is a strong compile time dependency.
>
> Sorry to bring this up again ...but it's really annoying and does
> not really help anything IMHO. Creating a block just for those few
> classes or files feels like bloat to me.

Yeah, sure - but as we regard XSP as legacy and other blocks like
session-fw are not legacy, the dependencies like they are now should

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>>is there a logicsheet for session-fw ?
>>

>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=110813469829620
>

> Hm... another block just because of that one class?
> Just curious ...why was it moved in the first place?

We discussed this several times: we wanted to reduce the dependencies to
the legacy XSP block. Just because of this one single logicsheet in the
session-fw block, you need the XSP block even if you're not using the
logicsheet.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@apache.org>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> ...while fighting my way through the block dependencies:
>
> Any objections to move this class
>
> ./src/blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/XSPSessionFwHelper.java
>
> into the session-fw block? Since that seems to be
> the only reason for the xsp dependency on the session-fw
>
> ...or did I miss something?
is there a logicsheet for session-fw ?

--
Leszek Gawron                                                 MobileBox
lgawron@apache.org                              http://www.mobilebox.pl