Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Varun Barala <va...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/08 04:57:41 UTC

Materialize View in production

Hi everyone,

We were thinking to use cassandra's materialize view. We went through the
performance benchmark which seems reasonable to us.
http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/materialized-view-performance-in-cassandra-3-x

But we'd like to hear from user community about their opinions.

** About stability* About bugs* About performance (cluster size or DCs)*
Could you please help us to make the decision.

Thanking you!!

Regards,
Varun Barala

Re: Materialize View in production

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.
Generally we still don't consider them stable and you should avoid using
them for the moment. As you can see on my favourite search, the list of
open bugs for MV's is not small, and there are some scary ones in there:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-13127?filter=12340733