Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk> on 2018/09/25 08:39:11 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New committer: Colin McCabe

Hi all,

The PMC for Apache Kafka has invited Colin McCabe as a committer and we are
pleased to announce that he has accepted!

Colin has contributed 101 commits and 8 KIPs including significant
improvements to replication, clients, code quality and testing. A few
highlights were KIP-97 (Improved Clients Compatibility Policy), KIP-117
(AdminClient), KIP-227 (Incremental FetchRequests to Increase Partition
Scalability), the introduction of findBugs and adding Trogdor (fault
injection and benchmarking tool).

In addition, Colin has reviewed 38 pull requests and participated in more
than 50 KIP discussions.

Thank you for your contributions Colin! Looking forward to many more. :)

Ismael, for the Apache Kafka PMC

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New committer: Colin McCabe

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, Colin! Well deserved!

Regards,

Rajini

Posted by Jorge Esteban Quilcate Otoya <qu...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Colin!!

El miรฉ., 26 sept. 2018 a las 5:54, Dongjin Lee (<do...@apache.org>)
escribiรณ:

Posted by Dongjin Lee <do...@apache.org>.
Congratulations!!

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Colin!

Posted by Vahid Hashemian <va...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Colin!

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
Thanks, everyone!

Posted by Robert Barrett <bo...@confluent.io>.
Congratulations Colin!

Posted by Robert Barrett <bo...@confluent.io>.
Congratulations Colin!

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Suman B N <su...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Colin!

--
*Suman*
*OlaCabs*

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New committer: Colin McCabe

Posted by Kamal Chandraprakash <ka...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Colin!

Posted by Dhruvil Shah <dh...@confluent.io>.
Congratulations Colin!

Posted by Stephane Maarek <st...@simplemachines.com.au>.
Congrats Colin !

Posted by Bill Bejeck <bb...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Colin!

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Colin!

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Colin!

Posted by Viktor Somogyi-Vass <vi...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Colin, well deserved! :)

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Colin!

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New committer: Colin McCabe

Posted by Ray Chiang <rc...@apache.org>.
Nice job Colin!

Posted by Stanislav Kozlovski <st...@confluent.io>.
Congrats Colin!

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 9:51 AM Edoardo Comar <EC...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Congratulations Colin !
>
> Edoardo Comar
>
> IBM Event Streams
> IBM UK Ltd, Hursley Park, SO21 2JN
>

> From:   Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>
> To:     Kafka Users <us...@kafka.apache.org>, dev <de...@kafka.apache.org>
> Date:   25/09/2018 09:40
> Subject:        [ANNOUNCE] New committer: Colin McCabe
>

> Hi all,
>
> The PMC for Apache Kafka has invited Colin McCabe as a committer and we
> are
> pleased to announce that he has accepted!
>
> Colin has contributed 101 commits and 8 KIPs including significant
> improvements to replication, clients, code quality and testing. A few
> highlights were KIP-97 (Improved Clients Compatibility Policy), KIP-117
> (AdminClient), KIP-227 (Incremental FetchRequests to Increase Partition
> Scalability), the introduction of findBugs and adding Trogdor (fault
> injection and benchmarking tool).
>
> In addition, Colin has reviewed 38 pull requests and participated in more
> than 50 KIP discussions.
>
> Thank you for your contributions Colin! Looking forward to many more. :)
>
> Ismael, for the Apache Kafka PMC
>

> Unless stated otherwise above:
> 741598.

Best,
Stanislav

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New committer: Colin McCabe

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Edoardo Comar <EC...@uk.ibm.com>.
Congratulations Colin !

Posted by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Colin!! Very well deserved!

Posted by Attila Sasvรกri <at...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Colin! Keep up the good work!

Posted by Yishun Guan <gy...@gmail.com>.
Congrats! -Yishun

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
welcome and congratulations Colin