Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Cord Awtry <ki...@rcn.com> on 2006/04/05 22:21:08 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.16 tried to start context when shutting down

For some reason, when I shut down my tomcat app, via commandline or the
service, it tries to re-init my app.

Has anyone seen this happen to them? I can't seem to find anything in the
archives about it.

Thanks,

            -C-

Re: Tomcat 5.5.16 tried to start context when shutting down

Posted by Nikita Tovstoles <ni...@eviltwinstudios.net>.
it could be happening because tomcat did not shutdown within some
'timeout' time, in which case it appears to do a 180 and try to start
back up. did you see any 'cannot shutdown' messaged in log?

-nikita