Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Fabian Christ <fc...@gmx.de> on 2009/10/07 17:48:16 UTC

Injecting custom ConflictResolver using Embedder

Hi,

I'm doing some research on conflict resolving between Java components.
Now I would like to use my own ConflictResolver during a Maven run. I'm
using Maven Embedder in my application and tried several ways on how to
manipulate the Plexus container to use my own ConflictResolver. I used
the "customize" interface that is meant to manipulate the container on
Embedder startup but an "addComponent" did not work as expected.

Can someone give me a hint how to do that? I know the Wiki page at [1]
that suggests to manipulate the POM to configure the ConflictResolver
that should be used. But I'm working with Embedder and I can not change
the POMs. I would like to inject my ConflictResolver as the default
resolver when the Embedder is created. But how?

Thank you,
Fabian

[1] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Conflict+Resolvers

Re: Maven/Nexus/Hudson/EC2

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Michael Hüttermann
<mi...@huettermann.net> wrote:
> What could be a practical scenario in the CI context for Clouding ?

I could see it being handy as temporary or sporadic load extension, or
alternative config support. IOW, once a day to run a build on a
different jdk/browser/os/other, driven as a slave from hudson, but not
as the primary system.

Re: Maven/Nexus/Hudson/EC2

Posted by Michael Hüttermann <mi...@huettermann.net>.
What could be a practical scenario in the CI context for Clouding ?

Michael

Re: Maven/Nexus/Hudson/EC2

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.

Re: Maven/Nexus/Hudson/EC2

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
[...]

/Anders

Re: Maven/Nexus/Hudson/EC2

Posted by Michael Hüttermann <mi...@huettermann.net>.
that is a good point. What do you think about running a build server in
the Cloud while having the repo manager locally ?

> While seeing the benefits of services and also of using the cloud in
> general, I'm having a hard time ignoring the fact that I would like to
> have
> my repo manager locally. One great benefit of a repo manager is improved
> speed when downloading artifacts, which I wouldn't get when it's hosted
> outside of my LAN.

Michael

Re: Maven/Nexus/Hudson/EC2

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
There is also Artifactory Online, a repo manager "service".

Re: Maven/Nexus/Hudson/EC2

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.
On 2009-10-07, at 9:38 AM, Michael Hüttermann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> do you plan to continue the work in the context nexus/hudson/ec2 you
> kicked off and described here:
> http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/06/nexus-open-source-and-hudson-on-ec2/

That's orthogonal to anything we're doing with Maven.

> E.g. are you planning to provide new Maven versions in ec2
> continuously,
> to add more "convenience features", .. or similar things ?

Maven 3.x builds on the standard Sonatype grid here:  https://grid.sonatype.org/ci/view/Maven%203.0.x/

It's just a standard VMWare grid. But we do use Hudson extensively.

> Thank you.
>
> Best regards
> Michael
>
> --
> michael@huettermann.net
> http://huettermann.net

Jason

Maven/Nexus/Hudson/EC2

Re: Injecting custom ConflictResolver using Embedder

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.
Do not cross post between the user and dev list.