Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2009/08/01 09:18:17 UTC

Re: Create new (sub)index from existing one

Hi Chantal,

If you are really dealing with languages (i.e. not very dynamic or large list of cores), could you simply copy a core and then delete all documents that don't satisfy the language criteria? (e.g. copy the main core with docs in all languages, and then delete all docs that are not in, say, Japanese).

Otis
P.S.
May want to consider http://www.sematext.com/products/multilingual-indexer/index.html

Posted by Chantal Ackermann <ch...@btelligent.de>.
Hi Otis,

thank you for your answer. I will have a look at the link.
It can happen that search queries include several languages, and I
thought at first, that creating a multilingual (sub-)index from a mix of
the existing core indexes could be a way. But that is not a good
solution, isn't it? I do have to decide on a language when posting the
query to SOLR in order to apply the correct analyzers to the query
input. So, it would be better to keep the languages separate and rather
post several queries for each language, should that need arise. That is
still fast enough, I think.

Cheers,
Chantal

--
Chantal Ackermann
Consultant

mobil    +49 (176) 10 00 09 45
email    chantal.ackermann@btelligent.de

b.telligent GmbH & Co. KG
Lichtenbergstraße 8
D-85748 Garching / München

fon       +49 (89) 54 84 25 60
fax        +49 (89) 54 84 25 69
web      www.btelligent.de

Registered in Munich: HRA 84393
Managing Director: b.telligent Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 153164 represented
by Sebastian Amtage and Klaus Blaschek
USt.Id.-Nr. DE814054803

Confidentiality Note
This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the
reader of this email message is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible for delivery of the message to the
distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please notify us immediately by telephone
at +49 (0) 89 54 84 25 60. Thank you.