Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu> on 2010/06/04 07:27:44 UTC

Service Name in SOAP

Hi all,

this may be trivial but I wanted to make sure the issue I have is not
something
a bit more tricky -

I have a simple BooksAxis2 class service running on Tomcat - the directory
that is located is under

webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/services/BooksAxis2/org/apache/axis2/myBooksAxis2

and the generated SOAP from the retrieved WSDL is:

<Envelope xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<Body><getBooks xmlns="http://myBooksAxis2.axis2.apache.org/"/></Body>
</Envelope>

Everything works fine - however, how can I include the name of the
actual service class
in the SOAP message? Not the package it belongs to (which is of course
part of
the name space) and not only the method to be calls (getBooks) - the
name of the
class it belongs to.

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is a bit too trivial

Re: Service Name in SOAP

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi Deepal - gotcha - I did see the provision for service namespace but I
was not
clear of its functionality. I will see if I can populate it accordingly,
thanks.

Re: Service Name in SOAP

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi Deepal,

is the service namespace part of all SOAP versions or only 1.2? What is the
standard tag for it? Unless it is specified under a different name.

Thanks again

Re: Service Name in SOAP

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi Deepal,

Re: Service Name in SOAP

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi Deepal,

Re: Service Name in SOAP

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi Deepal,

Re: Service Name in SOAP

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hi Deepal,

Re: Service Name in SOAP

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Service Name in SOAP

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Service Name in SOAP

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Service Name in SOAP

Posted by Demetris <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Re: Service Name in SOAP

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
You can use service namespace to specify that.

http://wso2.org/library/2060

> Hi all,
>
> this may be trivial but I wanted to make sure the issue I have is not
> something
> a bit more tricky -
>
> I have a simple BooksAxis2 class service running on Tomcat - the
> directory
> that is located is under
>
> webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/services/BooksAxis2/org/apache/axis2/myBooksAxis2
>
> and the generated SOAP from the retrieved WSDL is:
>
> <Envelope xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
> <Body><getBooks xmlns="http://myBooksAxis2.axis2.apache.org/"/></Body>
> </Envelope>
>

> Everything works fine - however, how can I include the name of the
> actual service class
> in the SOAP message? Not the package it belongs to (which is of course
> part of
> the name space) and not only the method to be calls (getBooks) - the
> name of the
> class it belongs to.
>
> Thanks in advance and apologies if this is a bit too trivial

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

http://blogs.deepal.org
http://deepal.org

Re: Service Name in SOAP

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.