Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by Hanks Zhang <zh...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/19 09:31:29 UTC

Separate the weex-vue-render from the incubator-weex repo

The "weex-vue-render" is a component and module library for Vue.js. It
enables pages written in Weex + Vue to run on the Web platform. It can be
used to downgrade the weex native pages to web pages.

However, I think this package should separate from the incubator-weex repo.

Because it doesn't rely on any code of WeexSDK, and WeexSDK doesn't rely on
any code of weex-vue-render neither. Even the vue framework itself is
separated from the incubator-weex repo, weex require it as a dependency,
not to mention that weex-vue-render is not a part of WeexSDK.

Moreover, weex-vue-render also required many web dependencies which could
not be used in WeexSDK. I think it's a better to keep the source code of
incubator-weex more simple and move the weex-vue-render and its
dependencies to a separate repo.

Re: Separate the weex-vue-render from the incubator-weex repo

Posted by Hanks Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1. I also think it's a good idea to remove render and framework folders.
But I will do it step by step.

(1). I have sent a PR (https://github.com/apache/incubator-weex/pull/955)
to remove all legacy .we examples.
(2). The next will be the legacy web-render and vue-render.
(3). And then, all source code of frameworks and its build scripts should
be removed.
(4). At last, adjust the file structure of js frameworks. "html5" is not a
reasonable name, use "runtime" is fine.

Now (1) is working in progress, I think you can start to do (2) now, and
don't forget to remove the useless build scripts.

Best Regards, Hanks

Posted by He Sai <te...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Wishes!

Re: Separate the weex-vue-render from the incubator-weex repo

Posted by Hanks Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by He Sai <te...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Wishes!

Re: Separate the weex-vue-render from the incubator-weex repo

Posted by He Sai <te...@gmail.com>.