Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Charles Yates <ce...@stanford.edu> on 2003/03/22 18:04:50 UTC

Re: How to serialize a XML file to disk?

    Cocoon is a server application, what you have described is a http
client application.  Cocoon does have http client functionality and you
can customize it all you like, so the answer to your question is yes,
but from what you have described it does not sound like the best tool
for the job.

Charles

Posted by Scherler <th...@wyona.org>.
Hi ,

I have not read the whole thread and I am in a hurry right now, but it
sounds you should try Xindice a XML Database. There you could store your
grabed data and merge them easy!

King regards
Thorsten

Posted by Guido Casper <gc...@s-und-n.de>.
If you are using 2.1 CVS, have a look at the SourceWritingTransformer.
http://localhost:8888/api/java/index.html
It does what you ask for IIUC.

HTH
Guido

--
Open Source Group

Re: How to serialize a XML file to disk?

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.
Perhaps an Action would be more appropriate.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Posted by Charles Yates <ce...@stanford.edu>.