Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Davide <da...@aliceposta.it> on 2004/01/03 09:54:48 UTC

esql logicsheet and date

Hi!

I need to use esql to perform a query to put some data in a mysql db;

In the used table i have a Date column with timestamp(14) data type

In my xsp i get the date by <xsp:expr>new Date()</xsp:expr> but i think the
format is very differen. How can i use a compatible format? Are there some
utilities for dates and db?

Best Regards, Davide

Re: esql logicsheet and date

Posted by Jürgen Haas <no...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

maybe you should have a look in your database's manual. For example you can
use

INSERT INTO table (date_column) VALUES (now());

for inserting the current date (and time) into the column.
The result may be different, depending on the data type of the column. Type
date will result in 2004-01-03 and e. g. timestamp will be 2004-01-03
16:03:22.12345

HTH
Jürgen