Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rodrigo de Salvo Braz <br...@AI.SRI.COM> on 2009/05/27 00:06:47 UTC

Telling mvn to look for .m2 somewhere other than user home directory

Hi,

I am trying to tell mvn via command line not to use my OS user home
directory for settings (that is, to store the directory .m2 somewhere else).

I tried adding -Denvironment.home=<new directory>. Other things I tried
were -Denv.home and setting the environment variables user_home. None of
those worked.

Can anyone give me any hints as to what to do regarding this?

Best,

Rodrigo

Re: Telling mvn to look for .m2 somewhere other than user home directory

Posted by Jane Young <Ja...@Sun.COM>.
Are you looking for a different location for maven repository?
Try -Dmaven.repo.local=<new directory>

Posted by Ed Hillmann <ed...@gmail.com>.
I also think you can use the following command-line parameters:

org.apache.maven.global-settings to assign the location of global settings
org.apache.maven.user-settings to assign the location of the user's settings

For our developers, we use the following alias for mvn

mvn -Dorg.apache.maven.global-settings='common settings file'

This allows us to supply an alternative global settings file.  I
assume that if you use the "user-settings" parameter, you can achieve
the same thing.

Hope this helps

Posted by "Dang H. Nguyen" <Da...@kiha.com>.