Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jim Zhao <ji...@cisco.com> on 2002/11/13 03:30:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Pattern Matching for Apache Authentication

Dear All,

I am struggling with a string matching on user authentication.
I run Apache 1.3.24 with JServ 1.1.2 on my Windows 2000 PC.
I need to authenticate all the user access except certain URLs,
such as "/servlet/myclass?method=1234", so I use

<Location ~ "/servlet/myclass?method=1234">
    Allow from all
    satisfy any
</Location>

however, Apache won't recognize "?" or "=", it keeps asking password.
I tried " or ' or \ before the question mark, nothing works.
If my URL doesn't include these "?" or "=" character, it works.
How can I get through Apache auth module?

Thanks for your help.

-Jim