Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Connor Woodson <cw...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/18 20:13:57 UTC

Log4J Appender in Flume

I just ran into an unfortunate configuration issue; I want to use flume's
log4j appender as part of the agent itself in order to send error logs to a
monitoring system. However, when that system is down (which it should be
able to be without causing issues), the RPCClient (even though it's in a
Failover Sink) throws an error/warning that it can't connect to the system,
and then that error gets routed recursively back into the appender and so
forth...

Is there any way to make this system work (using the log4j appender on
error messages), or if not any recommendations on how to track my error
logs?

Thanks,

- Connor

Re: Log4J Appender in Flume

Posted by Connor Woodson <cw...@gmail.com>.
Yes that's what I wanted to do, but that feedback loop is killer. I'll just
have to switch to something else.

Thanks

- Connor

Re: Log4J Appender in Flume