Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by vijaya bhaskar <bh...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/18 05:24:25 UTC

Question on flink connector

We have evaluated pulsar in the last few months and would like to use it
with flink.
Found that memory leak with Java-11 flink connector.
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/zh/release-notes/flink-1.14/

Now in a dilemma whether pulsar is matured to use in streaming space as
with Kafka? Based on this we need to take decision

Regards
Bhaskar

Re: Question on flink connector

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vijaya,

Can you report the issue in the Flink Jira? We will follow up on the memory
leak issue.

The source connector was released as part of Flink 1.14 is a new
implementation based on the new Flink source API. If you are using Flink
1.12 or older versions, you can use this connector (
https://github.com/streamnative/pulsar-flink). This is the one being
contributed to Flink. We are adding Sink and Catalog for Flink 1.15.

In terms of maturity, Pulsar has been used in a lot of companies for
replacing Kafka to do streaming. Especially the combination of Pulsar and
Flink has been used in companies like Tencent, Bigo, Splunk for stream
processing. So I would say Pulsar + Flink would be a good choice for you to
do streaming.

- Sijie