Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/17 18:27:29 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 0.4-incubating, RC0

I've again uploaded an apache-manifoldcf-0.4-incubating package which you
can download from http://people.apache.org/~kwright.  If you agree
this should be released please vote +1.

[Note that the release of this artifact is dependent on the release of
the three plugin packages upon which it depends.  If we need to change
those packages we'll need to spin a new RC of this one.  Also please
note that I've include SHA1 signatures for the first time, as per
Jukka's suggestion.]

I apologize again for the earlier hiccup.  This one is the real thing,
though, and passes all tests.

Thanks!
Karl

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 0.4-incubating, RC0

Posted by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org>.
2011/12/29 Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>:
> I found a potential blocker for 0.4-incubator, CONNECTORS-342.  I
> think it is severe enough to require respin of the candidate.  The bad
> HTML causes the "Save" button to vanish and makes the File Connector
> only barely usable.
>
> I've also found UI problems with the CMIS and Alfresco connectors; the
> way hiddens are managed is incorrect so that you can get ${xxx} values
> stuffed in the fields on the initial post/repost.  In addition they
> both suffer from lack of proper escaping of values in the UI.  The
> OpenSearchServer connector also suffers from the latter.  These bugs
> are pretty severe in my opinion and I've captured them in
> CONNECTORS-343.
>
> I've checked in a fix to the branch for CONNECTORS-342.  The fix for
> CONNECTORS-343 is a bit more extensive but is certainly doable within
> the 0.4-incubating release.  Piergiorgio, do you agree that we should
> try to fix this for this release?

I agree that we have to fix these issues as soon as possible.
I have to reproduce the issue on the CMIS and Alfresco connector, I
hope to work on this this afternoon.

Piergiorgio

--
Piergiorgio Lucidi
http://www.open4dev.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 0.4-incubating, RC0

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org>.

--
Piergiorgio Lucidi
http://www.open4dev.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 0.4-incubating, RC0

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shinichiro Abe <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. I understand.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shinichiro Abe <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
The problem is that the war files require all the dependencies in them
in order to work properly.  Since the alfresco connector requires a
GPL dependency, we cannot ship these in binary form.  And the .jar
file by itself is useless.

Karl

Posted by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org>.