Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by vongosling <fe...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/25 02:09:39 UTC

Re: Website improvements to help drive community

Hi,

We have finished the second round wiki polish. Thanks bruce advice :-). We
added more articles about the following topics:

1. More examples(Simple Message Example,Order Message Example,Broadcast
Example, Schedule Message Example, Batch Message Example)
2. Architecture
3. Deployment(Configuration, CLI and HA parts)
4. Best Practice

Honestly hope every guys to help review. If you have any questions at all,
please feel free to ask in the maillist or request a PR~

--
Nothing is impossible

Re: Website improvements to help drive community

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Von,

Thank you for all the work on the documentation, things are slowly
improving. I have reviewed my comments above and there are some that have
not been changed in the documentation including the following items:

* The title of the Contact page (http://rocketmq.incubator.
apache.org/about/contact/) should be changed to 'Support' or 'Mailing
Lists' and made much more prominent instead of buried with the Team page.
Please also consider adding a link to it in the header where you see
Documentation, Blog, Community, etc.

* Place a link to the Download page in the header where you see
Documentation, Blog, Community, etc.

* You should consider moving the Blog to the home page to show more project
activity to anyone who visits the site.

Also, there is still very little documentation about using RocketMQ in a
production environment. I'm sure that there is knowledge of such
operational usage of RocketMQ from it's deep use at Alibaba. I would really
like to see that knowledge documented to begin to prove to new users that
RocketMQ is production ready and already used on probably the biggest
e-commerce sites in the world. I would really like to see some operational
documentation to prove to new users that RocketMQ is production ready and
already used by the biggest e-commerce site in the world.

Bruce

--
perl -e 'print