Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com> on 2008/05/13 02:54:32 UTC

Moving gadgets.http package -> gadgets.servlets

Mostly because gadgets.http makes more sense for the http fetching related
stuff, and to  be consistent with other similarly named packages.

Any objections?

Re: Moving gadgets.http package -> gadgets.servlets

Posted by Brian Eaton <be...@google.com>.
On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Kevin Brown <et...@google.com> wrote:
>  Nothing has jumped out of the current http directory, but I'd rather use
>  gadgets.http for http *fetching*, and gadgets.servlet for the servlets to be
>  more consistent with package naming used in other projects.

That sounds like a very reasonable split.

Re: Moving gadgets.http package -> gadgets.servlets

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Brian Eaton <be...@google.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Kevin Brown <et...@google.com> wrote:
> > Mostly because gadgets.http makes more sense for the http fetching
> related
> >  stuff, and to  be consistent with other similarly named packages.
> >
> >  Any objections?
>
> Nit: code already jumps back and forth through those packages like a
> flea on a hot skillet.  Why not just flatten them out?

Nothing has jumped out of the current http directory, but I'd rather use
gadgets.http for http *fetching*, and gadgets.servlet for the servlets to be
more consistent with package naming used in other projects.

Flattening everything just creates the need for pseudo namespaces, i.e.
prefixing everything.

Re: Moving gadgets.http package -> gadgets.servlets

Posted by Brian Eaton <be...@google.com>.