Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/05 16:40:19 UTC

Bus properties are initialized late in 2.2.x

Hi

I'm seeing in 2.2.8-SNAPSHOT bus properties are initialized after
WSSecurityPolicyLoader has been initialized (while testing [1]). But the
properties initialized first on the trunk.

Is it something (say features are initialized first and then the properties)
that is specific to 2.2.x ?

thanks, Sergey

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cxf/trunk/systests/ws-specs/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/ws/wssec10/server/server_restricted_authorized.xml?view=markup&pathrev=936521

Re: Bus properties are initialized late in 2.2.x

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 05 May 2010 10:40:19 am Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm seeing in 2.2.8-SNAPSHOT bus properties are initialized after
> WSSecurityPolicyLoader has been initialized (while testing [1]). But the
> properties initialized first on the trunk.

Well, that's mostly due to all the delayed/lazy loading of stuff that I've
done for 2.3.   On 2.3, the WSSecurityPolicyLoader isn't created/loaded until
it's actually needed.   Normally, that is much later than the initial startup.
Thus, the cxf:bus stuff would have had a chance to trigger.

On 2.2.x, pretty much all the objects are created immediately at startup in
the order they are discovered in the cxf-* files.    The user config is
usually last.   Thus, the WSSecurityPolicyLoader would be created and
configured before the cxf:bus element in the user config.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org