Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/03/27 01:05:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.0.0 incubating RC2

Hi everyone,
This is a call for a vote on Apache Phoenix 4.0.0 incubating RC2. This is
the next major release of Phoenix compatible with the 0.98 branch of Apache
HBase (0.98.1+) and will be our third release in the incubator. The
previous RC was sunk due to some errors in the NOTICE and LICENSE files and
some discrepancies between the git source and the source bundle. This new
RC fixes those issues as well as two additional bugs. The release includes
both a source-only release and a convenience binary release.

The 4.0.0 release has feature parity with our pending 3.0.0 release. New
features include:
- Equi-joins through broadcast hash join
- Shared tables over same physical HBase table
- Read-only and updatable views
- Multi-tenancy
- JDBC ARRAY type
- Sequence creation and usage

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/phoenix/phoenix-4.0.0-incubating-rc2/src/

The binary artifacts can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/phoenix/phoenix-4.0.0-incubating-rc2/bin/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mujtaba.asc

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/phoenix/KEYS

The hash and tag to be voted on:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-phoenix.git;a=commit;h=64c83beb345a24933f45ba34f0f15b85d6644f7d
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-phoenix.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v4.0.0-incubating-rc2

For information about the contents of this release see:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-phoenix.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/v4.0.0-incubating-rc2

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please vote:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,