Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/21 22:34:34 UTC

setting up a cluster

Is this the only documentation on startup up a cluster?
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/GettingStarted

<http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/GettingStarted>I got a single node up,
pretty straight forward.

But have no idea how to setup a cluster.

1. Once I start a 2nd node, how do I tell it about the other nodes in the
network?

2. Do I inform all other nodes via the nodetool or is there a config file?

3. when you have nodes in other ec2 zones, how do you setup security?  can
you setup firewall rules when nodes are in different zones?

thanks allot!

Re: setting up a cluster

Posted by Dave Viner <da...@pobox.com>.
For EC2,  you can check out http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/CloudConfig for
details on the security settings.

Note that on EC2, it's likely easiest if you place all your nodes in the
same region.  You can still make redundant/HA deployment using availability
zones.  If you use multiple AZs in the same region, you can use internal IPs
in the storage-conf.xml file.  If you use multiple regions, you must use
external IPs (and open the security groups accordingly).

Dave Viner

Re: setting up a cluster

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
This page may help