Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Raúl Cumplido <ra...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/09 16:01:00 UTC

Re: [RELEASE] Preparing for Arrow Release version 11.0.0

Hi,

The plan is to start preparing the Apache Arrow 11.0.0 Release next week.
I will probably be creating the maintenance branch for 11.0.0 on Monday
16th.

I will be acting as Release Manager with support from Kou to sign and
upload artifacts.

The creation of JIRA issues was locked some weeks ago and the migration of
all JIRA issues to GitHub is planned to happen this week [1].
We have created the label "Priority: Blocker" on GitHub to mark any issues
that are a blocker for the Release.
Please, tag any issue that is a Blocker for the release with that label.
I will update some of our release scripts that pull information from JIRA
to use GitHub instead. I've marked those tasks as blockers at the moment.

Here is the current list of Release blockers [2].
This is the old confluence page with the 11.0.0 information pulled from
JIRA [3].
And the GitHub milestone [4].

I will open a stream on Zulip to discuss Release related issues too.

Happy New Year everyone!
Raúl

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/t506s2zphhc954qrkll0574oc0slcyjg
[2] https://github.com/apache/arrow/labels/Priority%3A%20Blocker