Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Martin Nielsen <mn...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/24 10:08:56 UTC

Introducing ManagedProperties (Because the open source scene is not cluttered enough as it is)

Hello everyone

I just want to quickly share a new project that i have moved to GitHub.

We have built a helper service, which is used to (we think) greatly
simplify working with the Configuration Admin and MetaType provider
services.

The project is found here:
https://github.com/TDC-Netdesign/ManagedProperties

It is also found in maven central.

Basically, ManagedProperties provides a way to bind an interface to a
ConfigurationAdmin configuration. When an interface is registered with
ManagedProperties, it creates a java.util.reflect.Proxy instance, which is
registered as a MetaTypeProvider and a ManagedService. Any annotated
methods in the interface will be treated as configuration items.

Registering a configuration is as simple as annotating an interface, and
handing it to the ManagedProperties.register service.

The project has a number of other nifty features, such as easily building
other objects from the ConfigAdmin primitive types, doing validation before
the config is applied, and supplying defaults.

Check out the github page for more information and if you decide to
actually go ahead and use it, please do comment on functionality you would
like to see in future versions.

I will end with a disclaimer. Notice the version 0.2. This is the current
release, and it is our current test version. The project is not currently
used in production. When it is (and it will be soon) the version will be
lifted to 1.0.

Have an excellent day

-Martin

RE: Introducing ManagedProperties (Because the open source scene is not cluttered enough as it is)

Posted by "Roll, Kevin" <Ke...@idexx.com>.
Martin, I wanted to let you know that I am trying out the project. Your message came literally just as I was starting an investigation of this stuff.