Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Alan Cliffe <dr...@sbcglobal.net> on 2016/02/24 07:07:28 UTC

Fonts

Is there any way to add a font to the menu? I know there are sites where you can download fonts, but I don't know how you would incorporate a downloaded font into Open Office, or whether it's possible.

Re: Fonts

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
> On Feb 24, 2016, at 07:03, TN Patriot <ir...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  It's usually system-wide, so just download/install fonts to your OS and they
>  should show up in the font menu.

You may need to reboot to make them appear.

 —
jt - jt@jt-mj.net

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.

Re: Fonts

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 06:03:42 -0600
TN Patriot <ir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 06:07:28 +0000 (UTC)
> Alan Cliffe <dr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to add a font to the menu? I know there are sites where you
> > can download fonts, but I don't know how you would incorporate a downloaded
> > font into Open Office, or whether it's possible.
>
>   It's usually system-wide, so just download/install fonts to your OS and they
>   should show up in the font menu.

As far as I know, installed fonts are only found when OpenOffice starts up, so a font installed after OpenOffice is open will not be found until next start of Open?Office.  How the Quickstarter influences this font discovery I cannot say; normally after any system level alteration I would restart computer completely - old habit from very early computing days!

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Fonts

Posted by TN Patriot <ir...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 06:07:28 +0000 (UTC)
Alan Cliffe <dr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Is there any way to add a font to the menu? I know there are sites where you
> can download fonts, but I don't know how you would incorporate a downloaded
> font into Open Office, or whether it's possible.

  It's usually system-wide, so just download/install fonts to your OS and they
  should show up in the font menu.

--
http://www.wacobikerjustice.com/

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/04/14/confederate-soldiers-are-american-