Posted to user@struts.apache.org by acorona <ac...@objectwave.com> on 2001/12/07 00:11:52 UTC

Populating a new form in the action and adding it into the session?

I have "search.jsp" which uses a "SearchForm" and a "SearchAction".
Once the user enters the search criteria, the "SearchAction" class takes
the entered data from the "SearchForm". The "SearchAction" then performs
my DB query.

Once I get the query results I'd like to display the results in a
"details_editor.jsp" which uses the "DetailsForm" and the
"SaveChangesAction".
So, in order to do this, within my "SearchAction,  I create an instance
of my "DetailsForm", add it to the session and then return my forward
info. This way the "DetailsForm" is prepopulated with the results from
my query.

Now my question...Is this the right thing to do? I don't like the fact
that I'm keeping the "DetailsForm" in the session...

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and comments.

Regards,
Alberto Corona