Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/05 23:55:08 UTC

Welcome Pig's newest committer, Bill Graham!

Hi all,
On behalf of the Pig PMC, I'm very happy to announce that Bill Graham
has been invited to become a Pig committer.

Bill's been involved in the Pig project for a long time now, and has
made a number of significant contributions -- big improvements to
HBase and Avro support, memory leak fixes in PigServer, as well as a
number of general usability improvements. He's helpful on the mailing
lists, provides great feedback and discussion on the  JIRAs, and is a
great advocate for Pig.

Looking forward to more great work from Bill!

-Dmitriy

Re: Welcome Pig's newest committer, Bill Graham!

Posted by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.
Awesome! Well deserved. I'm excited at the energy on the project these
days. Let's keep up that momentum!

Posted by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aniket Mokashi <an...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Bill...

--
"...:::Aniket:::... Quetzalco@tl"

Re: Welcome Pig's newest committer, Bill Graham!

Posted by Aniket Mokashi <an...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Bill...

--
"...:::Aniket:::... Quetzalco@tl"

Re: Welcome Pig's newest committer, Bill Graham!

Posted by Prashant Kommireddi <pr...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Bill.

Posted by Prashant Kommireddi <pr...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Bill.

Posted by "Fatal.error@gmail.com" <fa...@gmail.com>.
Whohoo congrats BillG!

Posted by Russell Jurney <ru...@gmail.com>.
Bravo! Now maybe we'll start talking about needing more non-Twitter
committers :)

--
Russell Jurney twitter.com/rjurney russell.jurney@gmail.com datasyndrome.com

Re: Welcome Pig's newest committer, Bill Graham!

Posted by "Fatal.error@gmail.com" <fa...@gmail.com>.
Whohoo congrats BillG!