Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by infinity2heaven <in...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/11 22:42:32 UTC

not picking up ivysettlings.xml

I placed ivysettings.xml into .ivy2 folder (default home folder) and when I
run ant, I get this error:

No ivy:settings found for the default reference ‘ivy.instance’. A default
instance will be used

What am I missing?

Re: not picking up ivysettlings.xml

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 10:59:44 PM, infinity2heaven wrote:

> I'm looking at this:
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-release/settings.html
>
> If I'm not wrong you place ivy.instance property inside
> ivysettings.properties which is read by ivysettings.xml.
>
> Whatever. What's the default file name and file location

You can specify the location with this Ant task:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-release/use/settings.html

Or if you put ivysettings.xml into the project directory, it will find
it even without that.

(And ignore the "No ivy:settings found for the default reference
‘ivy.instance’"... it cries about that, but then finally still loads
my settings.)

> and why is it so hard to know this simple information from the
> reference docs?

New to Java/Open Source land? This is word of mostly low-quality
chaotic software, and the last thing you get is proper documentation.
"ant -debug" and the source code helps sometimes... and the mailing
lists.

> Garima Bathla wrote:
>>
>> well, set ivy.instance property to the location where you want it to load
>> ivysettings.xml from.
>>
>> how to set ivy.instance property? look up ivy docs.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 2:42 PM, infinity2heaven
>> <in...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>

>>> I placed ivysettings.xml into .ivy2 folder (default home folder) and when
>>> run ant, I get this error:
>>>
>>> No ivy:settings found for the default reference ‘ivy.instance’. A default
>>> instance will be used
>>>

>>> What am I missing?
>>> --

Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany

Re: not picking up ivysettlings.xml

Posted by Garima Bathla <ga...@gmail.com>.
Well lets say you are invoking an ant target which inturn is invoking ivy
ant tasks and these tasks read ivysettings.xml to read the repository
configuration.

In you build.xml file create a property ivy.instance and assign it the value
of your custom ivysettings path.

<property name="ivy.instance" value="ivysettings path" />

Posted by infinity2heaven <in...@gmail.com>.
I'm looking at this:

Posted by Garima Bathla <ga...@gmail.com>.