Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by St...@isceco.admin.ch on 2005/03/03 16:27:11 UTC

AW: [users@httpd] OpenLDAP to Active Directory Authentication

I think that I have found the solution to my problem :-D

> When I give the following:
> AuthLDAPURL
ldap://servername.com/dc=bk,dc=evdad,dc=admin,dc=ch?name?sub?(objectClass=us
er)

> I receive the following error in apache error log:
> [warn] [client 131.102.223.000] [24779] auth_ldap authenticate: user
> isceco-eruf authentication failed; URI /svn/pspmgmt
[LDAP:ldap_simple_bind_s() failed][Can't contact LDAP server]

In this case, ADS returns me a referrals to another "domain controller". The
client tries to connect anonymously to the "domain controller" and it gives
me this error.

A solution is to set LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS to LDAP_OPT_OFF before to perform
the bind. But it means a modification of the code of the module
mod_auth_ldap.

The second solution, which is better in my case, is to connect to the
"global catalog" of ADS, which is a read-only partial replica of the
directory. We can access the global catalog at the port 3268. When I give
the following parameter: AuthLDAPURL
ldap://servername.com:3268/dc=bk,dc=evdad,dc=admin,dc=ch?name?sub?(objectCla
ss=user) I can perform my search without error.