Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Dinesh Shahane <ds...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/11 20:45:03 UTC

Is module providing ServletHostExtensionPoint required for binding-ws-axis2?

The constructor in Axis2ServiceBindingProvider and
Axis2ReferenceBindingProvider both require ServletHost parameter.
Axis2ServiceBindingProvider uses this parameter for adding the servlet
mapping for SOAP/HTTP services and currently Axis2ReferenceBindingProvider
doesn't even use this parameter, it simply passes it over to the
Axis2ServiceClient. If I don't include a module with
ServletHostExtensionPoint, I get a NPE in Axis2BindingProviderFactory.
Assuming that Axis2ServiceBindingProvider supports transports other than
HTTP, should it check and ignore if this extension is not found? Is
ServletHost parameter designed for future features in
Axis2ReferenceBindingProvider? I could log jira issues if that is
appropriate?