Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2000/08/17 23:29:27 UTC

Chaining SSI and gzip

This is probably a FAQ, in which case I'll accept my wet-noodle
lashings and follow any links provided.

I'm trying to help someone who wants to use server-side includes
AND send the result gzip-encoded.  Base Apache 1.3 can't do this, but
I *think* this can be done with mod_perl and Apache::* modules (a
mod_include emulator and a gzipper -- both of which exist, I'm sure),
but a specific pointer to a recipe or an implementation example would
be very welcome..

And of course this is a rush job, and it's the end of the day.. :-(
Thanks for forbearance, friends..
--
#ken    P-)}

Re: Chaining SSI and gzip

Posted by ___cliff rayman___ <cl...@genwax.com>.
i think this is FAQ you are looking for:
http://thingy.kcilink.com/modperlguide/modules/Apache_OutputChain_Chain_Sta.html

--
___cliff rayman___cliff@genwax.com___http://www.genwax.com/