Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by lucast <lu...@hotmail.com> on 2015/07/27 11:28:29 UTC

Firefox 39+ Error code: ssl_error_weak_server_ephemeral_dh_key on ssl connection

Dear Forum,
Since I have upgraded to Firefox 39 I have not been able to run my
application on https since on the browser, I get the following error:

This applies to the embedded jetty server and also the tomcat deployment
server.

Is this something that can be solved via Wicket, perhaps using
SslContextFactory or is it a purely server problem, exclusive of the wicket
application?

Thanks in advance,
Lucas

Re: Firefox 39+ Error code: ssl_error_weak_server_ephemeral_dh_key on ssl connection

Posted by lucast <lu...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you, niestroj,
I have solved the issue for my apache tomcat server. It was quite
straightforward. I found the solution here:

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=15032

The problem is, as Martin Grigorov pointed, a purely server issue, not a
wicket issue.

I did have a quick look to see if one could tweak the embedded jetty server
to resolve the issue, for when one is unit testing.

I'm afraid I have run out of time and I have to move on to my next task. But
if I can spare  30 minutes, I'll go back to it and hopefully post the
solution for the embedded jetty server here.

Thanks, once more,

Posted by niestroj <rn...@go2.pl>.
This is what you need to read about it:  Logjam attack <https://weakdh.org/>
. You need to disable come cipher suites in your server HTTPS configuration.

Re: Firefox 39+ Error code: ssl_error_weak_server_ephemeral_dh_key on ssl connection

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Wicket doesn't manage this so it is purely Jetty/Tomcat config issue.

Martin Grigorov
Freelancer. Available for hire!
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov