Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2008/12/07 02:25:48 UTC

JavaCC and Demo files

Anyone else seeing:
javacc-notice:
      [echo]
      [echo]       One or more of the JavaCC .jj files is newer than
its corresponding
      [echo]       .java file.  Run the "javacc" target to regenerate
the artifacts.
      [echo]

I think the demo files are out of date for the HTML parser, but don't
recall if this is something we should just automatically update or not.

Thanks,
Grant

Re: JavaCC and Demo files

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Dec 8, 2008, at 6:15 AM, Michael McCandless wrote:

> I don't see this.  When I "ls -l --time-style=full-iso" these files:
>
> -rw-rw-rw- 1 mike users 20796 2008-11-26 05:25:28.000000000 -0500
> src/demo/org/apache/lucene/demo/html/HTMLParser.java
> -rw-rw-rw- 1 mike users  9486 2008-11-26 05:25:28.000000000 -0500
> src/demo/org/apache/lucene/demo/html/HTMLParser.jj
>
> so they seem to be modified at the same time.
>
> If you run JavaCC do you see any resulting svn diffs on the .java
> file?

Yes, I did, but the it was hard to differentiate whether the changes
were solely due to me using 4.1 instead of 3.x, which seems to be what
the files were gen'd with.

Re: JavaCC and Demo files

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
I don't see this.  When I "ls -l --time-style=full-iso" these files:

-rw-rw-rw- 1 mike users 20796 2008-11-26 05:25:28.000000000 -0500 src/
demo/org/apache/lucene/demo/html/HTMLParser.java
-rw-rw-rw- 1 mike users  9486 2008-11-26 05:25:28.000000000 -0500 src/
demo/org/apache/lucene/demo/html/HTMLParser.jj

so they seem to be modified at the same time.

If you run JavaCC do you see any resulting svn diffs on the .java file?

Mike

Re: JavaCC and Demo files

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
I figured as much, but wanted to double check that it wasn't just
caused by the fact that I'm on JavaCC 4.x and the files themselves are
3.x.

Re: JavaCC and Demo files

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.