Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Piyush Narang <pn...@twitter.com.INVALID> on 2016/08/23 22:16:22 UTC

Discussing ways to configure encoding used by ValuesWriters

hi Parquet-dev,

Wanted to reach out to see if anyone had thoughts on jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PARQUET-682. Opened it to brainstorm
around ideas on how we could configure which values writers were to be used
for writing out data. We had some discussions around this in a PR I'd
raised (https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/pull/342), but that ended up
just focussing on refactoring some of the code in parquet-column to enable
these sort of use cases (and not tackling it).

The jira I linked has some potential approaches we can use for this. Would
be great to get people's thoughts / use cases.

- Piyush

Re: Discussing ways to configure encoding used by ValuesWriters

Posted by Julien Le Dem <ju...@dremio.com>.
I've commented on the JIRA.
Thank you Piyush for driving this.

--