Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Per olof Ljungmark <pe...@intersonic.se> on 2006/06/09 17:50:46 UTC

Ignore first upstream client in report

Hi all,

I'm moving our content filtering from the frontend smtp-servers to an
inside relay. After a test, I can see that while it seems to work ok,
all spam is marked "Spam from local <ip-of frontend smtp>.

I have "trusted_networks" and "internal_networks" set in local.cf with
CIDR annotation.

How can I tell SA (or amavisd) to ignore our incoming servers in the
report and display the last external ip instead? Please note that there
are no problems AFAIKS in the actual filtering, only in reporting:
SPAM FROM LOCAL [ip-of-our-mx] <sp...@address>

All are running postfix 2.2 or 2.3 and amavisd-new-2.4.1 / SA 3.1.3.

ext->MX smtp->smtp/amavis/SA/smtp->IMAP mail server
port        25      10024        25

Perhaps I'm missing the obvious here?

Thanks,
Per olof

Re: Ignore first upstream client in report

Posted by Per olof Ljungmark <pe...@intersonic.se>.
Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm moving our content filtering from the frontend smtp-servers to an
> inside relay. After a test, I can see that while it seems to work ok,
> all spam is marked "Spam from local <ip-of frontend smtp>.
>
> I have "trusted_networks" and "internal_networks" set in local.cf with
> CIDR annotation.
>
> How can I tell SA (or amavisd) to ignore our incoming servers in the
> report and display the last external ip instead? Please note that there
> are no problems AFAIKS in the actual filtering, only in reporting:
> SPAM FROM LOCAL [ip-of-our-mx] <sp...@address>
>
> All are running postfix 2.2 or 2.3 and amavisd-new-2.4.1 / SA 3.1.3.
>
> ext->MX smtp->smtp/amavis/SA/smtp->IMAP mail server
> port        25      10024        25

Anyone?