Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mers <em...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/05 14:06:28 UTC

JMX preventing connector from stopping.

I'm stopping a broker's TransportConnector with the connector's stop()
method. If JMX is disabled, stopping the connector correctly fires an active
connection's ExceptionListener. If JMS is enabled, the Listener doesn't get
fired.

Is this expected behaviour?

Re: JMX preventing connector from stopping.

Posted by mers <em...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

I tried the same test with the latest 4.2 snapshot but I'm getting the same
behaviour.

I wrote a short program that demonstrates the problem. It's called
http://www.nabble.com/file/6298/Test.java Test.java . Notice that if the
ENABLE_JMX boolean in BrokerDisconnect is set to true, the connection won't
be notified that the transport connector was stopped.

I'll try to dig into the ActiveMQ source code to see why JMX is preventing
the listeners from being called but you could probably figure out what's
going on much faster than I can.

Any help would be appreciated.
Emerson

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.