Posted to dev@marvin.apache.org by Lucas Cardoso Silva <ca...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/01 18:20:30 UTC

Engine Unit Tests

I have a question about unit testing on the engine. The test are designed
to serve as a framework for the user to write their own tests, or they
should work as a standard test, which would work for any user code? I
particularly believe in the first option, but I would like a better
understanding of this design decision.

Best regards,
Lucas Cardoso

Re: Engine Unit Tests

Posted by Daniel Takabayashi <da...@gmail.com>.
The idea was to use it for both.

The original design decision of the test component was made to help the
contributors to test the toolbox and new features. But also, to give a
necessary common infrastructure to the users to write down their unit in a
straightforward, and familiar way.