Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com> on 2011/09/25 10:00:44 UTC

Wicket search term popularity

Has anyone seen this graph of search term volumes for the various Java
frameworks.

According to this, Wicket is very popular - which we all know already ;)

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%28apache+wicket%29+|+wicket%2C+%28jboss+
seam%29%2C+%28spring+mvc%29+|+%28spring+webflow%29+|+%28spring+web+flow%
29%2C+%28struts+2%29+|+%28struts2%29&ctab=0&geo=all&geor=all&date=all&so
rt=0

It's ahead of Spring MVC and jboss seam.

Struts 2 (Would anyone actually *choose* to use a framework that
contained the word 'struts' after working with struts 1?) seems to have
had a moment in the sun but is now roughly close to Wicket.

I know basing popularity on search terms is a dangerous thing to do but
it's interesting nonetheless.

Re: Wicket search term popularity

Posted by Dan Retzlaff <dr...@gmail.com>.
I love Martijn's unintentional suggestion of a battle-ready Ewok as the
project mascot. Who doesn't picture the "W" logo on this guy's headgear?
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=ewok&tbm=isch&tbnid=VmH7AZZWzWT3UM:&imgrefurl=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ewok&docid=uhkzZKNcd8Fc4M

Wicket also acts as a harbinger of version 10.0, aka Apache Wookie.

(Doh! Just found the Wookie project, incubating since 2009.)

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.