Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2008/12/02 17:53:56 UTC

Re: 2.2 (trunk) bucket-o-snapshots

Hi Jarek,

It looks like the Axis2 1.5 release didn't happen yet.  Is there a new
target?

Also, my offer still stands to help with the concurrent spec release if
you want.  Let me know.

Thanks,
Joe

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Jarek Gawor wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> Hi Jarek,
>>
>> It looks like the Axis2 1.5 release didn't happen yet.  Is there a new
>> target?
>
> No, not that I can see but there is some progress on the dependencies.
> Looks like we don't need a new release of Neethi and XmlSchema 1.4.3
> is being voted on right now.
>
>> Also, my offer still stands to help with the concurrent spec release if you
>> want.  Let me know.
>
> Yes, thanks! I can't decide if the version should be named 1.0-EA or
> if the spec/module name should be renamed to have EA in it since there
> is no 1.0 spec yet. Any opinions on that?

I could go along with either choice but it seems a bit more correct tome
if we have EA associated with the spec version rather than our version
since it is the spec that is not yet complete.  However, I can see
issues with that as well (might be confusing and our users would have to
change the artifact name rather than just the version when it is final).

It looks like David has been including EA in our version number for the
servlet spec and I'm a big fan of consistency ... so perhaps we should
go with that.

David Jencks,  - Are you planning to stick with your 1.0-EA version or
were you thinking of changing it?  I think we should be consistent.

Joe

Re: 2.2 (trunk) bucket-o-snapshots

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Dec 3, 2008, at 8:29 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>> Hi Jarek,
>>
>> It looks like the Axis2 1.5 release didn't happen yet.  Is there a
>> new
>> target?
>
> No, not that I can see but there is some progress on the dependencies.
> Looks like we don't need a new release of Neethi and XmlSchema 1.4.3
> is being voted on right now.
>
>> Also, my offer still stands to help with the concurrent spec
>> release if you
>> want.  Let me know.
>
> Yes, thanks! I can't decide if the version should be named 1.0-EA or
> if the spec/module name should be renamed to have EA in it since there
> is no 1.0 spec yet. Any opinions on that?

I strongly recommend putting the EA in the version.  IIUC you expect
this code to be the 1.0 spec release not the 1.0-EA spec release.
This is what I've done with servlet 3, connector 1.6, and jpa 2.0.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.