Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kandelwal Abhishek <Ab...@acs-hro.com> on 2007/01/23 15:11:35 UTC

File Access Issue - help required

Hi guys,

I m facing the following problem, could u please help me to solve it?

Problem:

My web application is based on struts 1.1. The EAR file is deployed on
Web Sphere Application server.

One of my modules is trying to read a PDF file which is kept in a
networked mapped drive to the server machine. Say G: drive.

Now when the same application is running on my local system, I m
successfully able to read & display it in popup to user.

But on deployed server when I m using the following code, I m getting a
message file doesn't exists.

File file = new File(PATH_OF_FILE);

System.out.println("Exists::"+ file.exists()); // output is false but
the file is existing

Could you please tell me if we have any security constraint by websphere
application server to read a file from clustered server over network
mapped drive.

Thanks to u all in advance.

Thanks & Regards

Abhishek Khandelwal