Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by "T.t.T!Ck." <tt...@163.com> on 2022/05/16 03:49:58 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Apisix-Ingress-Controller support integrating with service discovery registry

Hi, everyone.

Currently, Apisix-Ingress-Controller only supports Kubernetes services as service discovery. However, Apisix supports multiple service discovery registry, such as Eureka and Nacos . Therefore, Apisix-Ingress-Controller is proposed to support more service discovery integration.
This will help users resolve legacy infrastructure issues and expand Apisix-Ingress-Controller usage scenarios. ref #948 *[0]
<https://github.com/apache/apisix-ingress-controller/issues/948>*

I have a few simple thoughts about this proposal. I have created a proposal for this, you can check this issue *[1]
<https://github.com/apache/apisix-ingress-controller/issues/1019>*

Best regards!

Gallardot

Re: [PROPOSAL] Apisix-Ingress-Controller support integrating with service discovery registry

Posted by Jintao Zhang <zh...@apache.org>.
Hi,

For now, the APISIX Ingress controller is a control plane component that
does not handle static configuration of APISIX.

I think the most initial support is:

* Allow some Upstreams that are not part of Kubernetes

We need to make some changes to the processing logic of Upstream

Chao Zhang <zc...@gmail.com> 于2022年5月17日周二 09:52写道:

Posted by Jintao Zhang <zh...@apache.org>.
SGTM.

This can expand the usage scenarios of APISIX Ingress.

T.t.T!Ck. <tt...@163.com> 于2022年5月16日周一 11:50写道: