Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jim Gellman <jg...@systemsbiology.org> on 2008/01/30 01:56:43 UTC

documentation updates planned?

Hi folks,

Are there plans in the works to update the site with more recent
build/deployment/download instructions?  The "First Hops" document, for
example, references a number of Jackrabbit 1.0 jar files, and a number
of pages reference the "contrib" directory, which appears to not have
existed since 1.0.

In a related vein, my attempts to build the 1.4 sources either from the
jar file or from the site (I've tried the head of the 1.4 branch, the
1.4 tag, and the 1.4 RC1 tag) have not been successful.  The JCA jar
file fails in the test phase, at least the first time I ran it -- it
appears to have succeeded since.  The jcr2spi jar file also has test
failures which prevent that jar file from being stored in my local
repository.  It's not clear to me whether I can still do what I need to
do without these components, but it would be nice to get a clean
build/test run.

Thanks,

-- Jim