Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Adam Koprowski <ad...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/07 19:41:47 UTC

Trindiad + Ajax4jsf RenderingContext problems.

 Hello everybody,
 On the following wiki page:
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Partial-page_rendering, I read that running
ajax4jsf + Trinidad can lead to problems:

> *The problem is in how Ajax4JSF handles partial-page rendering. It skips
> over the form component entirely, so the Trinidad RenderingContext<http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/RenderingContext>does not have a
> FormData <http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/FormData> object attached.*
>
> *Any Trinidad component that has client-side validation will result in the
> same error.*

  It just happens that I'm using Seam and I would like to use ajax4jsf for
partial page rendering (and for consistency I'd prefer not to mix it with
Trinidad's PPR). Is there any work-around for this problem? Any chances that
it will be resolved in (near) future?

   Thanks in advance for any help!
    Adam Koprowski

Adam.Koprowski@gmail.com, ICQ: 3204612
http://www.win.tue.nl/~akoprows
The difference between impossible and possible
lies in determination (Tommy Lasorda)

Re: Trindiad + Ajax4jsf RenderingContext problems.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
read here?

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/TrinidadSeamAjax4Jsf

On 3/7/07, Adam Koprowski <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   Hello everybody,
>  On the following wiki page:
> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Partial-page_rendering, I read that running
> ajax4jsf + Trinidad can lead to problems:
>
> > *The problem is in how Ajax4JSF handles partial-page rendering. It skips
> > over the form component entirely, so the Trinidad RenderingContext<http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/RenderingContext>does not have a
> > FormData <http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/FormData> object attached.*
> >
> > *Any Trinidad component that has client-side validation will result in the
> > same error.*
> >
>   It just happens that I'm using Seam and I would like to use ajax4jsf for
> partial page rendering (and for consistency I'd prefer not to mix it with
> Trinidad's PPR). Is there any work-around for this problem? Any chances that
> it will be resolved in (near) future?
>
>    Thanks in advance for any help!
>     Adam Koprowski

> Adam.Koprowski@gmail.com, ICQ: 3204612
> http://www.win.tue.nl/~akoprows
> The difference between impossible and possible
> lies in determination (Tommy Lasorda)

Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff: