Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anurag Misra <an...@srishtisoft.com> on 2004/01/08 07:35:24 UTC

Installing Axis Application on Websphere 4.0

Hi All

I am trying to install/deploy axis on Websphere 4.0 but have not
succeeded as of now. As per the docs available , all you have to do is
copy the axis directory in webapps. But in case of Websphere, as all the
applications are to be deployed as ear/war files under installedApps
directory, then how is it possible in Websphere. Sorry if my question is
naive as i'm pretty new to this.
Is there any document or list of steps to be taken for installing and
then deploying axis.
I'll be highly obliged if any one could help me out.

Thanks & Regards,
Anurag M.

Re: Installing Axis Application on Websphere 4.0

Posted by ma...@bankone.com.
Anurag,

Add the required jars to the WEB_INF\lib directory of the EAR you deploy on
webshere, here is most of what I am using.

ant-contrib-0.3.jar
axis.jar
axis-ant-1.1rc2.jar
commons-collections-2.1.jar
commons-discovery-0.1.jar
commons-httpclient-2.0-beta
commons-lang-2.0.jar
commons-logging-1.0.3.jar
jaxrpc-1.1.jar
log4j-1.2.8.jar
saaj-1.1.jar
wsanttasks-5.0.jar
wsdl4j-1.4.jar
xercesImpl-2.4.0.jar
xml-apis-2.4.0.jar
xmlParserAPIs-2.4.0.jar

Thanks,

Matt Hamburger
Bank One  Corporate Internet Group
matthew_f_hamburger@bankone.com
614.244.5009

                    Anurag Misra
                    <anuragm@srisht       To:     axis-user@ws.apache.org
                    isoft.com>            cc:
                                          Subject:     Installing Axis Application on Websphere 4.0
                    01/08/2004
                    01:35 AM
                    Please respond
                    to axis-user

Hi All

I am trying to install/deploy axis on Websphere 4.0 but have not
succeeded as of now. As per the docs available , all you have to do is
copy the axis directory in webapps. But in case of Websphere, as all the
applications are to be deployed as ear/war files under installedApps
directory, then how is it possible in Websphere. Sorry if my question is
naive as i'm pretty new to this.
Is there any document or list of steps to be taken for installing and
then deploying axis.
I'll be highly obliged if any one could help me out.

Thanks & Regards,
Anurag M.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.