Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Ben Kao <be...@hotmail.com> on 2022/06/29 19:03:08 UTC

Netbeans IDE Editor Line Wrap Setting Not Working (Java)

Hi

I am writing code in JAVA. I tried to turn on Line Wrap by setting it to for example Anywhere but it doesn't work. Here are my settings below.
I'm using All Languages mode, my Netbeans IDE is version 14 and I'm on Windows 10.

All Languages settings:
[cid:efb97e5a-89ca-4168-925e-b40c2a757fce]

Java settings (set to Use All Languages):
[cid:a64c5c46-9d00-4422-8a8f-4c21fc03ec85]

Finally, what my code looks like:
[cid:d82b98a7-2776-4da9-a9e2-d35c15eb08a6]

As you can see on line 34, it doesn't wrap.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks
Ben

Re: Netbeans IDE Editor Line Wrap Setting Not Working (Java)

Posted by Juan Algaba <ja...@colef.mx>.
> not integrated into the tools in the IDE in any other way
I'm pretty sure the "red margin" determines where wrapping will happen in
javadoc multi-line comments one you format the file

80:
[image: image.png]

50:
[image: image.png]

--

-Juan Algaba

Re: Netbeans IDE Editor Line Wrap Setting Not Working (Java)

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Ben Kao <be...@hotmail.com>.
Hi

________________________________

On 6/29/22 14:03, Ben Kao wrote:
Hi

I am writing code in JAVA. I tried to turn on Line Wrap by setting it to for example Anywhere but it doesn't work. Here are my settings below.
I'm using All Languages mode, my Netbeans IDE is version 14 and I'm on Windows 10.

All Languages settings:
[cid:part1.QbLdIsPG.5XSr52p0@cottagesystems.com]

Java settings (set to Use All Languages):
[cid:part2.qXD13NR0.XFg4k0S1@cottagesystems.com]

Finally, what my code looks like:
[cid:part3.0wiUI4bI.Efii9aZ5@cottagesystems.com]

Posted by Jeremy Faden CS <fa...@cottagesystems.com>.