Posted to dev@community.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/20 10:35:20 UTC

Apache Core templates for Vancouver

Hi,

Are there any templates for the presentations for ApacheCon Core in
Vancouver?

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: Apache Core templates for Vancouver

Posted by WENTAO LIU <li...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the templates,Nick!Guess need add the new feather logo on it.For some brands,such as sony or benq,users can adjust the ratio either on projector menu or on remote control.

Regards,Wentao

发送自 Outlook Mobile

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 3:45 PM -0700, "Nick Burch" <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

On Wed, 20 Apr 2016, Rich Bowen wrote:
> On 04/20/2016 04:35 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>> Are there any templates for the presentations for ApacheCon Core in
>> Vancouver?
>
> We don't have any yet. I'll see what I can do.

I'm sure I could replace the images in my usual set of templates[1] with
some Vancouver shots from 2011 if needed. Or someone else can beat me to
it! :)

Do we know if the projectors are 4:3 or 16:9?

Nick

[1] http://home.apache.org/~nick/ACBD15_Template_Nick.odp <- Big Data
     http://home.apache.org/~nick/ACEU15_Template_Nick.odp <- Core, Purple
     http://home.apache.org/~nick/ACNA15_Template_Nick.odp <- Core, Blue

Re: Apache Core templates for Vancouver

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 11:01PM, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2016, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> >On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 10:51PM, Nick Burch wrote:
> >>Using images of Vancouver kindly provided by the LF, and with image
> >>editing + style advice from a friend, I've now got provisional
> >>templates:
> >> * http://home.apache.org/~nick/ACBD16_Template.odp    <- Big Data
> >> * http://home.apache.org/~nick/ACNA16_Template.odp    <- ApacheCon Core
> >>
> >>Any comments/suggestions/tweaks recommended for those, before I let
> >>the LF know to announce + do another thread to announce here?
> >
> >Not sure if you have discovered this yet, the content of the text
> >boxes disappears in presentation mode (F5) in the title slides.
>
> Ah, looks like the fix from Budapest got lost as I used the ACNA15
> template as a base... Hopefully fixed again now, could you check and
> confirm when you have a minute?

Yup, seems to be fixed (at the first slide at least)! Thanks a bunch!

Cos

Re: Apache Core templates for Vancouver

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 27 Apr 2016, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 10:51PM, Nick Burch wrote:
>> Using images of Vancouver kindly provided by the LF, and with image
>> editing + style advice from a friend, I've now got provisional
>> templates:
>>  * http://home.apache.org/~nick/ACBD16_Template.odp    <- Big Data
>>  * http://home.apache.org/~nick/ACNA16_Template.odp    <- ApacheCon Core
>>
>> Any comments/suggestions/tweaks recommended for those, before I let
>> the LF know to announce + do another thread to announce here?
>
> Not sure if you have discovered this yet, the content of the text boxes
> disappears in presentation mode (F5) in the title slides.

Ah, looks like the fix from Budapest got lost as I used the ACNA15
template as a base... Hopefully fixed again now, could you check and
confirm when you have a minute?

Thanks
Nick

Re: Apache Core templates for Vancouver

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 10:51PM, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2016, Nick Burch wrote:
> >>
> >>16:9
> >
> >That's handy for me, as most of my templates (plus the slide decks
> >I'm using as a basis for my talks!) are all that already :)
>
> Using images of Vancouver kindly provided by the LF, and with image
> editing + style advice from a friend, I've now got provisional
> templates:
>  * http://home.apache.org/~nick/ACBD16_Template.odp    <- Big Data
>  * http://home.apache.org/~nick/ACNA16_Template.odp    <- ApacheCon Core
>
> Any comments/suggestions/tweaks recommended for those, before I let
> the LF know to announce + do another thread to announce here?

Hi Nick.

Not sure if you have discovered this yet, the content of the text boxes
disappears in presentation mode (F5) in the title slides. Looks like it has to
do with the text area being filled with color/transparency. I didn't produce
an exact workaround except for removing the text boxes and adding vanilla ones
instead.

I am using LibreOffice 5.0.5.2, but I believe the same was the case in the
prior years on the older versions of the software.

Thanks for the templates!
  Cos

Re: Apache Core templates for Vancouver

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 22 Apr 2016, Rich Bowen wrote:
> On 04/21/2016 06:45 PM, Nick Burch wrote:
>> Do we know if the projectors are 4:3 or 16:9?
>
> 16:9

That's handy for me, as most of my templates (plus the slide decks I'm
using as a basis for my talks!) are all that already :)

I've got some images together, and similar-ish suitable colour scheme and
a rough plan, hopefully I'll get a chance to finish pulling it all
together tomorrow!

Nick

Re: Apache Core templates for Vancouver

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.