Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Kevin Joubert <ke...@compatible.co.za> on 2009/05/04 10:05:09 UTC

OfBiz Training required

Hi all,

I am the CTO for a small software development house in Johannesburg, South Africa and we are about to embark on a major rewrite of our cornerstone product. I am responsible for the overall application architecture, selecting the technology platforms and getting our skill set in place for the project. I am fairly sure we want to use an open source ERP system as the foundation for our new version and I want to get deeper into Ofbiz to understand if it will do the job for us.

I feel the quickest way to do this will be to get myself and one of my business consultants onto a training course for System Administrators or Financial Managers or similar, where we can get to grips with the basic accounting functionality, set-up procedures and system architecture. Naturally we are prepared to pay for such training and, if there are no formal training courses being run in the OfBiz community in the next 3 months or so, we are also prepared to hire a suitably skilled developer / consultant to come to South Africa for a week to give us a custom course.

I would be very pleased to hear from any company who can offer us a few seats on such a course (in English only I'm afraid) or any consultant whose schedule will allow a week in South Africa in the next three or four months. Our web site is www.compatible.co.za if you would like to know a bit more about us.

Yours truly,

Kevin Joubert

Chief Technology Officer

Compatible Information Technology Systems (Pty) Limited

H 1 Bridle Close, Woodmead Office Park, Van Reenen Rd. Woodmead, Johannesburg, South Africa 2193

* P O Box 1935, Gallo Manor, Sandton, South Africa 2052

( +27 11 518-2000 (011 518 2000)

Ê  +27 86 610 4547 (086 610 4547)

È  +27 82 464 8800 (082 464 8800)

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER:

This email (including attachments) is confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system without copying or disseminating it or placing any reliance upon its contents. We cannot accept liability for any breaches of confidence arising through use of email. Any opinions expressed in this email (including attachments) are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect our opinions. We will not accept responsibility for any commitments made by our employees outside the scope of our business. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of such information.