Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by John Astill <ja...@nextone.com> on 2000/07/13 14:59:17 UTC

Intel Solaris 2.7 XercesC 1.2 .so problem

I appear to be able to build the xerces library on Intel Solaris 2.7
using gcc. However I am having problems with the resultant library. It
appears that the actually objects have not been linked. Has anyone else
had this problem?

Thank you

Re: Intel Solaris 2.7 XercesC 1.2 .so problem

Posted by John Astill <ja...@nextone.com>.
Arundhati Bhowmick wrote:

> I faced problems of this kind with gmake ver 3.77 on solaris. 3.76 or 3.78
> doesn't have this wildcard problem.
> Arundhati
>
> John Astill wrote:
>
> > I appear to be able to build the xerces library on Intel Solaris 2.7
> > using gcc. However I am having problems with the resultant library. It
> > appears that the actually objects have not been linked. Has anyone else
> > had this problem?
> >
> > Thank you

Thank you

I switched to gmake 3.78.1 and it now appears to work.

Regards
John

Re: Intel Solaris 2.7 XercesC 1.2 .so problem

Posted by Arundhati Bhowmick <ar...@hyperreal.org>.

Posted by Bill Wixted <ww...@san.rr.com>.
Yes, but on Red Hat not Solaris.  The problem was that not everything
actually compiled correctly.  In my case, it was
src/internal/XMLScanner.cpp.  Even though the file did not compile the
libxerxes was created as if there was no problem.