Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by newsinai <ne...@163.com> on 2013/04/17 14:44:10 UTC

unable to add a host

Hi, everyone:

I have my cloudstack management server installed on a CentOS 6.4 which is running on VMWare on CentOS6.4, and have the agent(KVM) running on another VMware virtual machine.
I have successfully installed almost everything except the last step to add a host to cloudstack. I tried to run cloud-setup-agent on the KVM node, and got this error every time:

Welcome to Cloud Agent Setup:
Please input the Management Server Name/IP:[localhost]csm.my.domain
Please input the Zone Id:[default]cszone
Please input the Pod Id:[default]cspod
Please input the Cluster Id:[]cskvm
Please choose which network used to create VM:[eth1]
Starting to configure your system:
Configure SElinux ...         [OK]
Configure Network ...         [Failed]
Missing bridge/device network configuration, need to add your network configuration into /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts at first
Try to restore your system:
Restore SElinux ...           [OK]
Restore Network ...           [OK]

Are there anyone can help me to fix it ? Thanks.

newsinai

Re: unable to add a host

Posted by Gavin Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.
Not sure about your description.
Guess you are using nested virtualization KVM(CentOS 6.4) on VMWare, right?
What's the version your are using for CloudStack and VMWare?
Here are some hints on how to setup KVM on several vmware distribution:
http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-8970

Guess you are using CloudStack 4.0 or above, you need to setup network for
KVM hypervisor in CloudStack, see below links:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/hypervisor-kvm-install-flow.html

There is also not necessary to run cloud-setup-agent directly, also refer
to above link.

--
Gavin